Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Challenge # 2 @ Amber's Crafts and Stuff (I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings)

This week we were challenged to use die cuts.

Since I have recently fallen deeply in love with my mom's cricut,
I used it to make this thank you card.


I used a pretty blue pre-made card base.

I used the cricut to cut the bird, the cage, the "thank you".

The circle I cut out myself with my mother's manual  circle cutter 

I used my favorite tool - the corner rounder for the card edges.
(I have a problem with corner rounding. Mostly photographs.)

Behind the circle I used a paper doiley that I pulled off
a craft I made with the sunday school class that I help out with at church.

"By the way, Bailey, Mrs. Flowers sent you some tea cookies."
- Maya Angelou, I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Chapter 15

10 comments:

  1. Hope you two don't end up fighting over the cricut lol. Seeing your great projects is making me want one now lol. Hugs lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the card. The first time I used a cricut I was hooked. I found your blog thru Momo. I'm a new follower. Hope you have a chance to visit my blog and become a follower of mine too.

    stacy
    http://www.mycraftingtime.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work! Momo sent me. Happy to follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty thank you card this is!

    I found you through Momo. Isn't this the sweetest thing she is doing for us! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute you did a good job momo sent

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice card!! Momo sent me! I am a new follower of yours. Would love for you to stop by my blog and follow too:)
    Looking forward to seeing your projects!!
    Sherrie K.
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty. I love your blog layout. So bright and cheerful. WOW! This is fabulous!!! I really like your projects here on your blog. I found you through Momo, isn't this sweet of her to do for us! So many great blogs we would have been missing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. You are so very talented!! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your great projects. Momo sent me and I'm your newest follower.
    ~Lu
    http://www.craftingwithlu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. I am your newest follower! Momo sent me. You can visit my blog at
    mypassion4scrappin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a very pretty card!I am a new follower, sent by the fabulous Momo! I love your blog, I am so glad Momo is doing this! I am following a ton of awesome blogs now! Would be so blessed if you would stop by my blog at www.scrappingmamahen.blogspot.com
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete